The web is full of resources to satisfy your curiosity and appetite for information
The web is full information on recycling, global warming, energy conservation, business sustainability, tools for teachers and fun sites for kids. These sites are a good start. Happy surfing!
- Logan County, Ohio official site
- City of Bellefontaine
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- USDA, Rural Development, Water and Environment
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
Recycling, Resource Conservation, and Sustainability
- Conservation Economy: Focus on economic and business sustainability.
- CO2 Science: Focus on the science of greenhouse gas emission highlighting research projects from around the globe and assists companies reporting on GHG emissions.
- www.container-recycling.org: Great site for information on bottles, cans, and related data.
- CRAP: Unusual site that starts with the notion that shopping is not the answer to global problems. Site is a venue for finding worthwhile environmentally sound groups and agencies to which persons may safely donate money.
- Grassroots Recycling Network: Informal international network of professional working in all areas promoting recycling and zero waste.
- Green Biz: Leading information resource on environmental issues and business. Gathers reports and information from around the globe and reports weekly.
- GreenBlue: Focus on transforming the design of human industry based on principles found in the productive systems of nature. Green design, green packaging, educational tools.
- Green Seal: Green Seal is independent, non-profit, promoting manufacture, purchase, and use of environmentally responsible products and services.
- Keep America Beautiful: Non-profit working to beautify the environment, natural and city scapes.
- Keep Ohio Beautiful:
- National Recycling Coalition: International organization working through other organizations to increase recycling.
- Natural Logic: Advisors to businesses on economic sustainability. Ohio affiliate of Keep America Beautiful.
- Pew Center Global Climate Change: Non-Profit, non-partisan with mission to provide credible information, straight answers, and innovative solutions to address global climate change.
- Product Stewardship Institute: Non-Profit Org. to reduce health and environmental negative impacts of consumer products.
- Real Climate: Climate science from climate scientists. Very informative, often very technical.
- Recycle A Bulb: A business site of Veolia Environmental Services through which you can locate information about and places to recycle mercury containing light bulbs.
- Sustainability Forum: International conversation site about many environmental topics with a focus on business responsibility and long term sustainability.
- Zero Emissions Research & Initiatives: International network of creative minds seeking solutions to world challenges seeking solutions kusing nature’s design principles. Fascinating section for children in English and Spanish.
- Zero Waste Alliance: Serious business applications of zero waste with case studies, information, and referral.
- Zero Waste International Alliance: World wide business and community examples of zero waste implementations.
Teachers and Kids
- StartLocal: A source of worldwide information on recycling for kids, parents, teachers.
- Climate Change Education: Amazing site for teachers. Lesson Plans in all curriculum areas with climate change and global warming as background themes. Don’t pass this site up. Many contacts to other ideas and sites. This one is the mother lode for teachers.
- Global Warming Kids: Ideas, games, movies, music, science on climate change for kids.
- Keep America Beautiful, Kid’s Zone: What kids can do to get involved. Focus on litter control.
- Kids Recycle!: Ideas and activities for kids. Many ideas and contacts for teachers.
- Tox Town: Fantastic interactive site for teachers and kids about toxic chemicals at home, farm, in the city with information on many diverse environments.
Join Our Newsletter!
Keep in touch. We will never share your details with third parties.